Minutes of Long Stratton Village Hall AGM - 21st September 2021
Present: Amanda Phillips (AP), Peter Smith (PS), Paula Armes (PA), Heather Wilcox (HW), Alan Thayne (AT), Kirsty Dye (KD)
AP opened the minutes welcoming members of the Committee and Trustees
1. Apologies received from Julie Rodgers (Cardiac Group)
2. Minutes of 2020 AGM – Copies of minutes were provided before the meeting and approved during the meeting.
3. Matters arising – At the last AGM the film events were discussed - this will form part of our next Committee Meeting agenda.
4. Treasurers Report - PS shared the accounts dated 31/3/21. Main points covered:
• We received £19,907.43 worth of COVID business grants money whilst closed due to the pandemic.
• Hire costs were down on the previous year at £390.00
• Expenses included the purchase of new chairs, writing off bad debts not paid due to COVID, internet access, electricity bill down on last year, insurance.
• Total expenses totalled £7,146.90
• Net Income £13,197.90
• Business Savers account £20,775.28
• Investment Account £974.58
• Total equity £22,564.77
5. Chairman’s report
· AP confirmed that her report is based on the past 9 months since the last AGM as the dates for AGMs have been disjointed in light of COVID. She expects us next AGM to fall in line with our normal process in April 2022.
· AP confirmed that the hall remained closed for most of the last year, with us opening again in May 2021 and a lot of this year has been about spending money on maintaining the hall.
· AP reported that at the end of last year a tree came down in the car park and we paid for it’s removal and to ensure that the area was made good.
· AP reported several plumbing incidents in the Ladies Toilets, one involving us needing to repair the roof as well as AT repairing the internal decor and the other involving plumbing leaking. AP thanked PS and AT for all of their support this year in keeping on top of maintaining the hall and repair work as required.
· AP reported that we have been keeping on top of maintaining the outside area, with weeding being completed and regular grass cutting. We have also had a new back door installed.
· AP reported that we have invested in a storage on the stage to support a regular user group and have installed a new hot water tank and system.
· AP reported that we have received some COVID grants throughout the year and were fortunate enough to receive a £4870 South Norfolk CAF Grant with support of Joshua Worley, for which we are very grateful. This money will support us in improving the hall further.
· We have been hiring the Hall for 4 days a week as a COVID vaccination centre since June 2021 and more recently other users have returned to the Hall, including Lauren Plant (Zumba), Sacha Becham (Pilates), Slimming World and WI. We also hire on a Tuesday to a Cardiac Rehab group as well as some adhoc party bookings in recent months.
· AP ended her report by once again thanking the Committee.
7. Adoption of the accounts – the accounts have been independently examined under the guidelines of the Charity Commission and they have been signed off as accurate. PS therefore proposed we adopt the accounts, AP seconded. All in favour. PS will update the Charity Commission.
8. Committee to stand down – everyone stood down except HW.
9. Election of Committee - HW invited members of the meeting to stand for re-election to the committee. All current members re-stood - AP, PA, PS and KD . All were elected onto the Committee. Chairperson – AP nominated and accepted the nomination – proposed HW, Seconded PA, all in favour. Treasurer – PS nominated and accepted the nomination – proposed HW, seconded PA, all in favour. Secretary and Bookings Clerk – KD nominated and accepted the nomination – proposed HW, seconded AP, all in favour. JR stood down as Church Rep during the year, at present there is no-one else to support as Church Rep and HW will also be leaving us in October as is moving to a new Parish. Her replacement is yet to be confirmed.
AT will continue to support as our Handyman.
10. Any matters raised by members of the public
N/A as no-one else attended the meeting.
Meeting ended 8.49pm